Lingerie plays a vital role in deciding your choice of outfit. As you can see, your intimate wear is a major decision maker; no doubt it needs much more support from you too. It should be treated well and looked after well.
How to Give Your Bra A Perfect Wash and Care?
- Do wash your bras in cold water as hot water breaks down the elastic and shortens the bra’s lifespan.
- Always hand-wash your bras if possible! Follow this rule ceremoniously and repeatedly. If hand wash is practically impossible, use only the gentlest of settings for machine wash. Keep them hooked to avoid snagging. Also keep them in lingerie bags after drying for shape maintenance.
- Choose only mild soap or a detergent that is safest for these delicate clothing. Wash the removable bra paddings separately. Never use bleach because it can damage the fabric of the bra.
- Never twist or squeeze your bras. This destroys the shape of the cups and the elastic.
- When drying your bras, hang them to dry. After squeezing the excess water, gently place them in a towel. Fold and gently press them to prevent elastic stretching.
- Never iron your bra or put them in a dryer because the heat breaks the spandex and elastic.
How to Give Your Panty A Good Wash and Care?
When you wash your panties, just give it a little extra attention to maintain their longevity. Here are some simple instructions as to how your panty should be washed to keep them in shape for long.
- Always separate the light-colored panties from the dark ones. And wash them in different loads to prevent color stains.
- The panties should be washed in cold to room temperature water. Hot water ruins the elasticity.
- Do wash them by hand if possible. If hand washing is impossible, place them in a lingerie bag before machine washing them.
- While doing machine wash, turn your panties inside out.
- Always use a mild soap or detergent best suited for delicate clothing. Be always mindful on how much soap you are using. Too much will residue deposit on your panties causing skin irritation.
- Never ever twist your panties for water rinsing as this stretches the fabric. Lay them flat on a towel or tumble dry without heat or dry them on open air to maintain their elasticity.
Just follow these few steps to properly take care of your lingerie. If you have any doubt about how to wash your undergarment, you can always look at the wash care tag stitched inside for instructions. Taking good care of your lingerie extends its life-span. It also makes sure that gives a perfect fit every time you slip it on. So, treat your lingerie kindly and with love and see they’ll do the same to you!